Iran’s Computer Emergency Response Team (IR-CERT) issued a warning on Sunday about a newly discovered malicious program that is erasing hard drives on infected systems in that country – just the latest data-destroying malware to appear there. IR-CERT said that an investigation by its Maher center found that the malware “wipes files on different drives in various predefined times,” including disk partitions and user profiles. However, the malware isn’t widespread and doesn’t appear linked to “other sophisticated targeted attacks,” the alert said – in a possible reference to the Stuxnet and Flame malware, both of which targeted Iranian critical infrastructure. Subsequent analysis by independent security firms confirmed most of the details of the IR-CERT warning. Writing on Monday, Jamie Blasco of the firm Alien Vault said the malware was “just another wiping malware” and “very simple,” and could have been delivered in a variety of ways – from USB drive […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "wiper"
Security Ledger Video
Paul talks with Sean Lorenz of Xively about the latest CES.
Paul chats with Pete Chestna and Ryan O'Boyle of Veracode about integrating secure development into agile development environments.
- m88: Heya terrific blog! Does running a blog similar to this take a lot of work? I have no knowledge of coding ……
- ตอกถอนให้เช่าชีทไพล์ (sheet pile): This page definitely has all the information I needed concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask. …
- wedding planning san francisco: Here are a few of the best products and projects to help you make better use of the space you ……
- what to text a girl: Just walk into your local book store or grocery store and see how many romance novels are on the shelves. ……
- grosir kain sarung: Thanks , I've just been searching for information about this subject ffor ages andd yours is thee best I've came ……
Our Recent Posts
- 1 day ago
Update: CAs Still Accepting E-mail as Proof of Domain Ownership
In-brief: Carnegie Mellon’s CERT issued a
- 2 days ago
Wanted: Clean Bills on Data Breach and Cyber Intel Sharing | Digital Guardian
In-brief: Two pieces of legislation moving through
- 4 days ago
Bill in U.S. House would Open Doors to Threat Intel Sharing | Reuters
In-brief: Leaders of the House of
- 4 days ago
IoT Hackers: The FTC Wants You!
In-brief: The Federal Trade Commission announced this
- 5 days ago
Updated: Google warns of unauthorized TLS certificates trusted by almost all OSes | Ars Technica
In-brief: Google warned its users that unauthorized