Updated to include response from Accellion. 1/9/2013 A security researcher who was looking for vulnerabilities in Facebook’s platform instead stumbled on a much larger hole that could affect scores of firms who rely on a secure file transfer platform from Accellion. Writing on his blog on Monday, Israeli researcher Nir Goldshlager said he uncovered a security hole affecting Accellion’s Secure File Transfer service that could allow an attacker to take control of a user’s Secure File Transfer account with little more than the e-mail address associated with the account. Accellion Secure File Transfer is a service that allows enterprises to offer secure transfer and storage of large files (up to 100GB). In contrast to consumer-focused services like DropBox, Accellion offers comprehensive file tracking and reporting as well as data security features necessary to satisfy government regulations like HIPAA, GLBA, and SOX. Secure File Transfer is offered to companies as a private cloud, public […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "FTP"
Get Security Ledger Updates
- Santhiraj Sathanna: It looks that we have to go back to stone age? We can make …
- Mark Stanislav: For those who may come across this, we have an updated relea…
- securityledger: Easier said than done - the interconnections between traditi…
- Joe: Or you could just keep the digital systems offline, so you o…
- securityledger: Yes - sentence fragment. A good catch. I've removed the frag…
Internet of Things: 10 Essential Infographs
The Internet of Things is a difficult concept to get your arms around. Fortunately, others have done some of the thinking for you. Check out these great IoT infographs to learn more.
IBM Smart City Big Data Cover
IBM uses this infograph to pull together information that shows how the "Big Data" revolution is changing the way urban centers operate.
Follow Us On TwitterMy Tweets
- Update: New 25 GPU Monster Devours Passwords In Seconds 133 comments
- Many Watering Holes, Targets In Hacks That Netted Facebook, Twitter and Apple 54 comments
- Security Hole in Samsung Smart TVs Could Allow Remote Spying 39 comments
- Questions, Doubts greet Researcher's Claim to have Chrome Zero Day 16 comments
- Update: DARPA Cyber Chief Peiter "Mudge" Zatko Heads To Google 16 comments
- Update: New 25 GPU Monster Devours Passwords In Seconds 233171 views
- Security Hole in Samsung Smart TVs Could Allow Remote Spying 18256 views
- Samsung Smart TV: Like A Web App Riddled With Vulnerabilities 9671 views
- Tantalizing Clues in Dexter Malware Lead to Mystery Man…and Zeus 6696 views
- Exclusive: Apple Store Favorite IZON Cameras Riddled With Security Holes 5946 views
About The Editor
I'm an experienced writer, reporter and industry analyst with a decade of experience covering IT security, cyber security and hacking, and a fascination with the fast-emerging "Internet of Things."