Updated to include response from Accellion. 1/9/2013 A security researcher who was looking for vulnerabilities in Facebook’s platform instead stumbled on a much larger hole that could affect scores of firms who rely on a secure file transfer platform from Accellion. Writing on his blog on Monday, Israeli researcher Nir Goldshlager said he uncovered a security hole affecting Accellion’s Secure File Transfer service that could allow an attacker to take control of a user’s Secure File Transfer account with little more than the e-mail address associated with the account. Accellion Secure File Transfer is a service that allows enterprises to offer secure transfer and storage of large files (up to 100GB). In contrast to consumer-focused services like DropBox, Accellion offers comprehensive file tracking and reporting as well as data security features necessary to satisfy government regulations like HIPAA, GLBA, and SOX. Secure File Transfer is offered to companies as a private cloud, public […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "FTP"
Security Ledger Video
Paul talks with Sean Lorenz of Xively about the latest CES.
Paul chats with Pete Chestna and Ryan O'Boyle of Veracode about integrating secure development into agile development environments.
- Thanh: There is virtually no stopping thuese horrible creatures. They work by interfering with the natural egg laying and hatching process that …
- Paul: Hey- awesome comments, IoTSecGuy. Let's not repeat the mistakes of the past with IoT! …
- SomeIOTSecGuy: There are some very tangible things that we can do right now that move us a long way towards securing ……
- Paul: Hmm...I think that we're being rather tough on Chris Roberts here. The fact is: he did do responsible disclosure to ……
- not a police state moppet: (ps: weakening the message is what they want) …
Our Recent Posts
- 3 days ago
Internet of Things Needs Future Proofing
In-brief: Security and IoT experts say the challenge
- 6 days ago
A Good Housekeeping Seal for the Connected Home?
In-brief: Experts on the security of the Internet of
- 1 week ago
Update: Hacker on a Plane: FBI Seizes Researcher’s Gear
In-brief: The FBI seized equipment from noted security
- 2 weeks ago
To Secure Modern Networks: Close The Visibility Gap
In-brief: In a world where billions of devices, users
- 2 weeks ago
Verizon: Internet of Things Hacks Pose Little Risk – For Now
In-brief: Verizon said in its latest Data Breach