Updated to include response from Accellion. 1/9/2013 A security researcher who was looking for vulnerabilities in Facebook’s platform instead stumbled on a much larger hole that could affect scores of firms who rely on a secure file transfer platform from Accellion. Writing on his blog on Monday, Israeli researcher Nir Goldshlager said he uncovered a security hole affecting Accellion’s Secure File Transfer service that could allow an attacker to take control of a user’s Secure File Transfer account with little more than the e-mail address associated with the account. Accellion Secure File Transfer is a service that allows enterprises to offer secure transfer and storage of large files (up to 100GB). In contrast to consumer-focused services like DropBox, Accellion offers comprehensive file tracking and reporting as well as data security features necessary to satisfy government regulations like HIPAA, GLBA, and SOX. Secure File Transfer is offered to companies as a private cloud, public […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "FTP"
Security Ledger Video
Paul talks with Sean Lorenz of Xively about the latest CES.
Paul chats with Pete Chestna and Ryan O'Boyle of Veracode about integrating secure development into agile development environments.
- nerf full: There may be much debate about which toys kind of include the best for children. In fact, sometimes even a ……
- Indiana: You may see guarana, yerba mate, and green tea as ingredients in supplements. Manufacturers of the best omega3 fish oil supplements &hell…
- korean movies with english subtitles: Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this website, as i want enjoyment, for the reason tyat this ……
- Robin Wilton: I think part of the pessimism is because Obama faces a circle he just can't square. The conflicting demands of ……
- Paul: Thanks for the comment, Or! …
Our Recent Posts
- 2 days ago
Sabotaging Encryption Software – The Perfect Crime?
In-brief: A report from Bruce Schneier and
- 4 days ago
Doctorow: Fearing an Internet of Things That Do As They’re Told
In-brief: In an essay for O’Reilly Radar, Cory
- 5 days ago
Verizon: 5 Billion Business IoT Connections by 2020
In-brief: A report by Verizon finds
- 6 days ago
Update: Superfish is the Real End of SSL
In-brief: Outrage over Lenovo’s promotion of
- 1 week ago
Gadgets That Spy On Their Owners
When the recent brouhaha erupted over Samsung